GUIDANCE ON COVID - 19
Published on Wednesday, March 18, 2020
International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers
Reinforcing Iron Workers Local Union No. 846
THE FOLLOWING ARE STEPS EVERYONE SHOULD BE TAKING NOW:
• If you are feeling sick, do not go to work.
• Don’t shake hands when greeting others.
• Try to stay three to six feet away from others in gatherings, meetings, and training sessions.
• Avoid contact with sick people.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60%–95% alcohol. Soap and water should be used if hands are visibly dirty.
• It is especially important to clean hands after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
Individuals at high risk for complications from COVID-19 should follow the current CDC’s guidance:
• Currently, older adults and persons with underlying health conditions are considered to be at increased risk for severe illness and complications from COVID-19.
• People in high-risk groups should consult with their healthcare provider about attending large events. (See: CDC guidance)
• Older adults and travelers with underlying health conditions should avoid situations that put them at increased risk for more severe disease. This entails avoiding crowded places and avoiding non- essential travel such as long plane trips. (See: CDC guidance for travel)
Additional links from our Federal Government Partners:
From OSHA: https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/covid-19/
From NIOSH: https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/emres/2019_ncov.html From CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html